Life, Laughter and Paris has been a little short of something lately -
That's not it. I'm still breathing.
I'm still laughing at a lot of things. Most things actually.
Bingo! Therein lies le problème. A little lacking in the "Paris" part of the title.
Well after all these years I'm not changing the title of my blog - that would just be stupid. Much better to go to Paris and get back to writing about the subject I love best. I have to wait until the end of September but with ticket in hand, I can make my plans.
I've started a little list -
I had to be selective because I'm not going to be there that long. (I can't even remember where the washrooms are in the Musée d'Orsay - what if someone asks me)?
- Centre Georges-Pompidou (Unless it's an exhibition of neon chairs or something)
- Galerie nationale du Jeu de Paume (I love this place)
- Musée des Lettres et Manuscrits (I will love this place)
- Maison de Balzac (I love this place)
- Maison de Victor Hugo (I love this place)
- Maxim's Art Nouveau "Collection 1900" (I love this place)
- Fondation Henri Cartier-Bresson (I might love this place - my photographer wants to see it)
- Musée Bourdelle (I love this place)
- Musée Carnavalet (I love this place)
- Musée d'Art Moderne de la Ville de Paris (Sometimes I love this place)
- Musée d'Orsay (I love this place)
- Musée de l'Orangerie (I love this place)
- Musée de Montmartre (I love this place more than some of the others)
- Musée du Luxembourg (I love this place)
- Musée Picasso (Is reopening in September after being closed for yonks so I haven't missed anything)
- Musée Rodin (I love this place)
- Musée Zadkine (I love this place)
- Mémorial du général Leclerc de Hauteclocque et de la Libération de Paris (I'm sure I'll love this place)
I've decided to leave out the Louvre. Really - that's just a bit too much. Anyway, the list needs work. I have to do some reading this summer.
Then of course there's the rue de Seine and area with all the great print galleries. And of course Shakespeare and Co. for a few books. Oh, and walks along the Seine and Harry's Bar.... I'm going to sleep for a week before we go to have plenty of energy.
Not only has this Paris starvation diet made me post less, but I haven't been inspired to do any artwork either. It's definitely time to head to France.