ANYWAY,…Last night, as I was turning left, my brain didn’t send the message to my knee which decided to turn right. Well all I can say is OW. OW OW OW.
There are a lot of things that really really hurt, so here’s my top ten list which I had time to think up while waiting for my knee to stop throbbing:
- Surgery in any shape or form. Avoid it.
- Really really tight shoes that make your feet so sore you think you can’t take another step (but if the shoes are totally fabulous, too bad feet).
- Fingernails that split right at the cuticle.
- Getting your head stuck in the metro door.
- Taking a big gulp of a cold drink only to find out it's HOT.
- Falling head first down a flight of stairs.
- Getting knocked down by a bus.
- Sticking your wet finger into an electric socket.
- Getting hit in the face with a tennis racket.
- Jumping over a fence to find a 50 ft. drop on the other side
Well this could just go on forever couldn’t it? It would be easy peesy to think of a zillion more things that hurt. Anything that hurts, well, hurts. (I don’t approve of hurting. It may be “natural” but that doesn’t make it right).
Maybe I haven’t totally grasped this list thing. Seems pretty silly to me!
The following is a top ten list of other lists. Well, maybe not top ten - but ten anyway!
Listverse - Ultimate Top Ten Lists
Forbes 500 Lists
All-Time 100 Movies List (They give you 90 extra)
Craigslist (Ok, this isn't really a list, but they get you with the title)
Late Night Top Tens - Dave Letterman
Merriam-Webster Top Ten Lists
Itunes Top Ten Songs Lists
Food Reference Top Ten Healthiest Foods to Eat
Writers Pick Top Ten Books of All Time
Time Magazine Top Ten Drunkest Holidays