I wash my hair almost every day. So,
Over 10 years that’s 3,650 washings
Over 20 years that’s 7,300 shampoos
Over 30 years that’s 10,950 times I've done the same boring thing
- It smells like your favorite fruit or candy
- It has a bottle that would look great on your bathroom counter
- The girl in the ad has the whitest teeth you’ve ever seen
- It comes from a foreign country
- Your favorite singer/actress uses it (so they say!)
- It says “organic” on the label
- It’s expensive
- It claims your hair will grow faster
There’s no lack of “best shampoo” sites. I’ve checked out a lot of the lists and they’re all different. What does that mean? Number of sites x number of recommendations = more shampoo than my 29,200 washings will need! Think I’ll use up what shampoo I have, and wait for the 2012 ads to come out!
And one of the only shampoo quotes I could find, from M.A.S.H.:
Hawkeye: Tell our first couple what else they've won....
BJ: This bar of soap...from those who'll be working closely with you in O. R. Please use at least once a week.
Hawkeye: (Taking a bottle of shampoo out of the box): Shampoo.
BJ: Because we couldn't find any real poo.