And I quote:
We do not consider/accept
- claims for thinnest people
- gluttony records whereby people consume mass amounts of food
- records which involve driving between two points in the least amount of time out of concern for public safety and the legality of encouraging such events.
- medical records like the most operations in a short time span (from the patient or the doctor? OMG)!
- youngest or oldest variants of existing categories (i.e. longest tongue for a 14 year old)
- claims for elbow licking (I guess you'd need the longest tongue unless of course it wasn't your own elbow)
- we do not monitor a category for largest head
- records for car sales as there are too many variables: model, price, location, time of day, the weather.
- claims for silent reading (ha ha ha)
- records regarding listening to music or the radio for the longest time
- most generations with the same name.........
The World’s largest collection of: Rubber bands
Big deal. I don’t want to know approximately how many rubber bands this guy has. I want to know exactly. He could probably be in the book twice for COUNTING the most rubber bands too. He should put a bit of effort into his "World's Record" listing.
If you're going to be famous and make your parents proud, at least aim for an accomplishment/collection that Guiness doesn't think is weird! If the good people at Guiness have to discourage your claim, it's time to move on!