Until today, this was my action plan –
- Good stuff that I don’t want/need goes to the charity shop
- Another pile for a possible yard sale
- Everything else that is worn out or useless, goes into the garbage.
At least that was my plan until I started browsing the web and realize this is a much more serious endeavour than I had first imagined.
Now I see that there are:
- consultants that will come in to get you organized
- TV programs that will show you what not to keep
- recommendations on how to start, progress charts, and accomplishment lists
- disposal services, burning services, shredding services and pick up services
Seems there will be rewards too – peace of mind, more self esteem and big savings. I should prioritize my possessions and I might even live longer.
NOW THEY'RE SCARING ME AND I'M WORKING MYSELF INTO A PANIC!
I’m sure my mother got rid of clutter without making a major production of it. Yes, I remember her tossing out our old toys and all my clothes from childhood disappeared so she managed that too. I didn’t see any consultants hanging around so I’m sure she did it herself.
Anyway, as a result, I have a new action plan -
Instead of weeding out the unwanted things, I’ll pick out all the good items and get rid of everything else.
Wish me luck!