- Can you pass a book store and not stop for a quick browse? (No)
- Can you get out of the above mentioned book store without buying at least one book? (No)
- Does Amazon send you a Christmas present every year along with a fully cooked turkey dinner for you and your family? (No, but they should).
- Is the floor of your house beginning to sag under the weight of all those fabulous coffee table books? Oh oh.
I’ll soon be taking some vacation and plan to catch up on my reading. I have a stack of books that I’m dying to get at. Here is part of the selection I have on hand:
- Lord’s Motel, Gail Donohue Storey
- The Cone Sisters of Baltimore: Collecting at Full Tilt, Ellen B. Hirschland
- Elegance Of The Hedgehog, Muriel Barbery
- Rogues' Gallery, Michael Gross
- The Letters of Sylvia Beach
- The Days of the French Revolution, Christopher Hibbert
- Correspondence: Pablo Picasso and Gertrude Stein
- The Man Who Loved Books Too Much, Bartlett Hoover
- The Thirteenth Tale, Diane Setterfield
I’m definitely a book addict but I guess there are worse addictions. I can hardly wait to open to the title page of a new book and travel to wherever the author wants to take me. My only problem now is, which book first?
PS If you've read any good books lately that you can recommend, please leave a note in the comment box or send me an email. I'll make a list to share. Thanks!